Mid Pines Inn & Golf Club Restoration
Hole 1: Par 4, 401 yards, SI 5
Off the Tee
A new back tee has been added to increase the holes length by 20-25 yards that now currently plays 401 yards. In addition, the middle (white) and forward (green) tees have been reconfigured to give visibility to the landing area due to the elevation change from the tee to fairway.
In the landing area, the removal of select trees will further encourage bigger hitters to gamble to try and get closer to the green from the teeing ground.
Adjustment has been made to the front right portion of the green to restore the front right hole location shown in the original Donald Ross design blue print and photographs.
The resorted hole locations combined with the sandy wash out area and length added creates a visually impressive start with tremendous strategic depth, while still remaining a relatively benign start for the shorter hitter.
Hole 2: Par 3, 190 yards SI 7
Off the Tee
A modified natural cart path pattern allowed us to re-position and add new back tees for hole 2 and hole 6.
At the Green
We have restored Ross's design by adjusting the bunker pattern and expanding the green to allow a draw friendly front left hole location.
Hole 5: Par 5, 484 yards, SI 9
1) New bunker at 225-260 yards adds strategy for players trying to avoid the sand scapes on the left and not have to carry the lake with their second shot from native.
2) Sandy pits and knots guard the primary landing area for the longer players looking to get home in two.
3) Middle tee modified for fairway visibility
4) Exit fairway bunker converted into sand scape/false bunker
5) Green Expansion and minor re-shaping add multiple hole locations